The BSA is a 100% volunteer-run organization and it relies on the energy and time of our constituents to develop our programs and ensure the BSA is meeting its mission. Regardless of how little or how much time you can contribute, we’d love to have you as part of our team!
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the BSA is composed of seven members, who serve on three-year terms. The Board:
- Sets the mission and the vision of the organization
- Has fiscal and legal responsibility for organization
- Ensures transparency of all funding, expenditures, and program metrics
- Participates in projects and has responsibilities to help drive strategic initiatives
Board members agree to:
- The expectations and responsibilities outlined in the Board Member Agreement
- Attend a minimum of 75% of board meetings, which are currently held monthly
If you are interested in serving on the Board, please contact us. Calls for new board members happen in October of each year.
Our four committees are:
- Communications & Marketing
- Community Engagement
- Conferences & Events
Volunteering to serve on a committee can happen at any time! Volunteers agree to abide by the expectations and responsibilities spelled out in Committee Member Agreement. Reach out to us at any time if you are interested in joining a committee!